Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanksgiving Table by Heather Peterson

I am SO happy to be back after a too-long hiatus to share a new project with you! Today I have a Thanksgiving Layout for you. I wanted my layout to match the elegance of the Thanksgiving Table in the photos. This was a bit of a challenge for me as 'elegant' is not always my style, but it's good to challenge yourself! I got to use some awesome ScrapbookPal products to create my project. Here is my project:
I used the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge to make these fun rosettes. The Martha Steward Scoreboard is a must for me when making rosettes, as is a really good, strong adhesive. I use a combination of scor tape to bring the ends together, and hot glue to hold the rosette in shape.
ScrapbookPal carries these awesome mist-able flowers from Petaloo. They come in all different shapes and sizes, but have a white base so you can ink, mist or spray them to whatever color you need for your project. They absorb the ink really well, and I only needed a couple sprays to get a nice color. I then added some glimmer mist on top of the ink to add a little shimmer to match the elegance of the layout.
Here is another look at the flowers and the rosette. I also used the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge to create the pretty border on the right side of the layout.
When I am adhering very small, intricate cuts like the flourish on this cornucopia I like to run the cut through my Xyron sticker maker. If a small piece is missed, or if it is too small to run through the Xyron then the Zig glue pen is a great way to get those small areas without a lot of mess.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my project today! Be sure to visit the ScrapbookPal shop to pick up some of these supplies for your own great projects! Here is my supply list:

0 comments:

Post a Comment