Hi! It's Jamie back with you and today I am going to show you how to make gift bags using scrapbook paper you already have in your stash!
For this tutorial you will need:
12x12 Score Board
12x12 Score Board
3 sheets of 12x12 paper per bag
1. Score the first 12x12 piece of paper at 2-1/2" (this will be the bottom of the bag) and then turn your paper and score each side at 2" from each edge.
2. Pinch each of the corners together and crease.
3. They should look like this photo.
4. Do steps #1 and #2 for the second piece of 12x12 paper.
5. Using 1/2 Scrappy Tape, place a strip along the bottom of one of the papers.
6. Then place Scrappy Tape in the corner folds of the same bag.
7. Press the corners down and remove the tape backing then set aside. This will be your bottom part of the bag.
8. Place Scrappy Tape on the corners of the second piece of the bag.
9. Place Scrappy Tape along the edge of each side of the second piece of the bag.
10. Place the second piece on top of the first piece.
11. Then line up the side pieces so the bag is square.
12. Pinch the top edges together, creating a small crease on each side.
13. Your bag should look like this photo now.
14. Using the Crop-A-Dile, punch a large hole in each pinched area as shown.
15. Your bag should look like this photo now.
16. Pull your ribbon through the bag.
17. Do this for both sides.
18. Tie a knot on the backside of each.
19. With the third piece of 12x12 paper, cut three 6x6 squares. This will be used as filler for the bag.
20. Stuff the 6x6 squares in the bag as shown.
21. Embellish the bag with stickers.
22. I also decorated a 12x12 box so that it would coordinate with my gift bags. I used the 1/2" Scrappy Tape along each edge and put a couple strips in the middle, then removed the tape backing and adhered it to my box.
23. Decorate the box and bags as desired!
Pattern Paper: Let's Party Pyramid Pad (Momenta)
Adhesive: 1/2" Scrappy Tape
Stickers: Let's Party Collection (Momenta)
I love how easy these bags are and how I can coordinate the entire gift from the card to the presents...and I am able to use up some of my stash (which just means I have made room to buy more)! Off to ScrapbookPal.com I go to shop! :)