Monday, May 7, 2012

Oh Boy! by Heather Peterson

Hello! Heather here again with another layout to share with you! On this layout I used a masking technique that I will provide instructions for! Here is my layout:
If you look in the upper right corner of the layout you can see some stars that are spray-inked onto the old wooden patterned paper. I accomplished this by using a homemade mask that I made with my Cricut. First I picked out a shape that I wanted to use. In this case I used a star shape from the Create a Critter cartridge. I loaded a piece of cardstock on my mat (I used a 'throwaway', but any paper would be fine) and cut out the shape in several different sizes. I moved my blade around the mat after each one to create a pattern that I liked. When I was finished my mat looked like this:
It is a little hard to see the cuts on the white paper, so here is a better shot of the mask off the mat:
Next I took a bottle of spray ink, the base patterned paper that I was using on my layout, my mask and headed outside! any ink will work, you can even make your own. In this case I used smooch spray. The end result will vary depending upon the type of ink and color used.
You will want to lay down newspaper or an old rag to catch the excess unless you don't mind the ground getting a bit of ink on it! Layer the mask over your patterned paper where you want your image to be:
Then spray until you get the desired look/color saturation that you were hoping to achieve. Here is what mine looked like after spraying:
When I did this, I did not put newspaper down, but you can see where you would need to if you don't want the paint on your ground! And here is the finished result on the page:
Here are some additional details about my project:
I used Spellbinders dies with my Cuttlebug to create these fun banner flags/pennants. The dies made it really simple and easy!
This Smash date stamp is one of my favorite products right now- I use it ALL the time. It is such a fun and whimsical way to add some quick journaling to your pages! I also added some cute washi tape for added interest.
I used the Boys will be boys cartridge for the title. This is such a great cartridge for boy pages and projects. There are tons of fun phrases that can be used as titles or sentiments as well as a cute font to create your own. All the ScrapbookPal products I used to create this layout are listed below!
Thanks for taking the time to look at my project today! You can also stop by my blog- The Hunny Pot for additional details!

1 comments:

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

Such a wonderful layout...love the color combinations!

Post a Comment