Friday, April 27, 2012

Twelve by Heather Peterson

Hi everyone! Heather here, and today I have a layout to share with you!

1.      This is a 12"x12" layout. I cut a 2 ½” x 12” strip of patterned paper with my paper trimmer, then ran it through a border punch and adhered it across the page. I then cut a 5"x8" piece with a coordinating piece of patterned paper and layered it over the 2 1/2"x12" strip and layered my matted photo over it. I then cut 2 scalloped circle shapes with a light colored patterned paper from the Elegant Edges cartridge at 3”. I cut the circles in half and layered beneath the other layers. I then  cut several rectangular shapes with different coordinating papers and laid them over the scalloped circles forming a banner.
I took my Zig glue pen and drew a swirly line across the tops and in between the banner shapes. I laid some We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy floss down across the glue lines. Use sharp tipped scissors (like Cutter Bee)  to cut floss- it leaves a nice clean edge. I cut a star shape and using the same technique drew around the edge with my Zig glue pen and laid floss around the edge. I placed a brad to add some interest and hide the ends.
I cut a title from Lyrical Letters at 1 ½” with patterned paper, and added some dimensional letter stickers as a sub title for added interest.
Lastly, I cut a border strip from another coordinating pattern paper at ½” x 4” and adhered it to the upper left corner of the page, and added some matching brads for embellishment.


I hope you enjoyed my layout, please see below for the ScrapbookPal.com supplies I used:          



2 comments:

Penny Ward said...

Great layout. The floss/twine was a nice touch.

Jamie Lane [Cripps] said...

Love the little banners on the page and all the bright colors...they really make the photo pop!

Post a Comment