Sunday, April 29, 2012

If Friends were flowers by Steph Ackerman

Good morning, Steph here. Today I have a card to show you using some wonderful Spellbinders dies, an embossing folder, and Copic Markers.



Below is how each section of the image was colored.



Image 1 - I started by coloring the dress and the leggins with yellows, using Y15, Y13, and Y11. I used a touch of Y15 in the flowers in her hair.

Image 2 - I added yellow greens for the flower stems, leaves and the vines in her hair using YG17 and YG13.

Image 3 - I added yellow and yellow red to the sunflower, using Y38, Y35, and YR31. I then added some E37 to the center of the flower. I added a touch of Y38 to the hair flowers.



Image 4 - I added shades of blue to the under dress, bow and shoes using B95, B93, and B91.

Image 5 - I added some red to the hearts on the blue ribbon using R11. Then I colored her face and hands with Eo2, E01, and E0000.



Image 6 - I added shades of brown on her hair using E37, E35, and E33. I then cut out the image and used C1 on the edges.

Using Spellbinders dies, I cut a rectangle and a scalloped rectangle from Kraft cardstock. I then embossed each piece with a Cuttlebug Mesh Embossing Folder and lightly inked the edges with brown ink. I mounted the 2 die cut pieces together and added the finished image with foam adhesives.



The sentiment was stamp the sentiment on Kraft Cardstock with brown ink and embossed with clear embossing powder, then die cut it with a small Spellbinders die and added to the card front.

Thanks for stopping by today.






Saturday, April 28, 2012

Birthday Banner by Billie St Clair


Hello there!

Billie St Clair here, from Billie’s Scrappetique with another project for you!  This time it’s a banner for my youngest daughter’s birthday. 
Here is a shot of the entire banner.  Sorry for the glare.  It’s a rainy, NASTY day in Texas, so a flash had to be used.  ha!
Here is a close-up of one of the letters on the banner, so you can see what it looks like.  All of the letters use the same font cartridge, Stickles, etc.  Oooooo, bling! 
For this project, I cut the largest Spellbinders Nested Pennants and Spellbinders Nested Lacey Pennants.  I inked the edges of the polka dot paper with Ranger Vintage Photo ink and adhered the pennants together using Glossy Accents.  I added Ranger Star Dust Stickles around the edges of the pennants. 
I cut two horses using Cricut Old West cartridge.  I wanted the horses to look like they were looking at the name, so I cut one horse in “flip” mode to get a mirror image.  I inked the horses with Ranger Vintage Photo and pieced them together using Glossy Accents.
I cut the font using Cricut Storybook and inked the edges of each letter with Ranger Vintage Photo.  I added Ranger Star Dust Stickles to the edges of each letter.  Once the Stickles were dry, I adhered the letters to the pennants with pop dots.  I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole in the top two corners of the pennants and added an eyelet.  I strung twine through each eyelet to create the banner and used a glue dot to adhere a little bow to the top corners of each pennant.  I left a length of twine on each end of the banner so I can adjust as needed for the birthday party!  Right now, it’s temporarily hanging in my daughter’s bedroom.  :-)
Here are photos (with links) to the products I used on this project.  Click a photo to be taken to that item at Scrapbook Pal
Ranger Vintage PhotoStar Dust Stickles   
Spellbinders Nested Lacey Pennants Spellbinders Nested Pennants Crop a DileStorybook
Glossy AccentsOld West

Thanks so much for stopping by today!   I hope to see you again soon!  :-)
{hugs}

Friday, April 27, 2012

Twelve by Heather Peterson

Hi everyone! Heather here, and today I have a layout to share with you!

1.      This is a 12"x12" layout. I cut a 2 ½” x 12” strip of patterned paper with my paper trimmer, then ran it through a border punch and adhered it across the page. I then cut a 5"x8" piece with a coordinating piece of patterned paper and layered it over the 2 1/2"x12" strip and layered my matted photo over it. I then cut 2 scalloped circle shapes with a light colored patterned paper from the Elegant Edges cartridge at 3”. I cut the circles in half and layered beneath the other layers. I then  cut several rectangular shapes with different coordinating papers and laid them over the scalloped circles forming a banner.
I took my Zig glue pen and drew a swirly line across the tops and in between the banner shapes. I laid some We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy floss down across the glue lines. Use sharp tipped scissors (like Cutter Bee)  to cut floss- it leaves a nice clean edge. I cut a star shape and using the same technique drew around the edge with my Zig glue pen and laid floss around the edge. I placed a brad to add some interest and hide the ends.
I cut a title from Lyrical Letters at 1 ½” with patterned paper, and added some dimensional letter stickers as a sub title for added interest.
Lastly, I cut a border strip from another coordinating pattern paper at ½” x 4” and adhered it to the upper left corner of the page, and added some matching brads for embellishment.


I hope you enjoyed my layout, please see below for the ScrapbookPal.com supplies I used: