by Amy CrockettIf you have a little boy like me, or know someone that has a little boy, you may be looking for fun and easy ideas to give as gifts. It was really quite easy to decorate this wooden door hanger the I picked up at my local Michael's store for my son.....he just loves it and now my little girls are wanting me to make one for them....
What you will need to re-create this project:
- a wooden door hanger (I found mine at Michael's for $1)
- a Cricut Machine and Boys Will Be Boys cartridge
- Oh Boy stamp set
- patterned paper (I used We R Memory Keepers)
- various colors of cardstock (I used Stampin' Up!)
- Mod Podge
Let's Get Started:
- Trace the door hanger to the back of the patterned paper you will be using to cover the door hanger. Cut it out and then adhere with Mod Podge. After it is mostly dry, lightly sand the edges of the patterned paper on the door hanger so that the excess parts of the patterned paper come off and it is left with smooth edges.
- Cut out your rocket ship and cooresponding layers with your Cricut machine from the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge at 2 3/4 inches. Assemble your rocket. Adhere the rocket near the center of the door hanger as shown in the photo. Add a little bit of hemp twine to the back end of the rocket if you would like....adding a couple of little swirls if you wish.
- Cut out the words you want to use and adhere to the bottom of the door hanger.
- Cut out various sizes of stars from any of the cartridges that have star shapes (I used George and Basic Shapes, but there are many cartridges that have a star shape that you can use).
- Stamp various sentiments from the Oh Boy stamp set onto little strips of paper with red ink and adhere them down on your door hanger. Adhere the stars, slightly overlapping the sentiment strips.
- Cover the entire door hanger with another light coat of Mod Podge (I did this because I have a two year old that likes to peel things apart and this helps to prevent her from taking apart her brother's door hanger).