by Amy Crockett
Here is a layout of my little man done with the Nate's ABC's cartridge. I just love all the fun images on this cart that can be used for little boys. I also really love the basic straight lettered font that is also on the cart. I am thinking that I might do an ABC mini album for my littlest one with the fun A is for, B is for, etc that come on this cart.
To recreate this layout, you will need:
-Nate's ABC's cartridge
-Patterned paper (mine is DCWV)
-Cardstock to match your patterned paper (mine is DCWV)
-White gel pen (mine is a Signo Uni-ball)
-5 x 7 photo
Let's get started:
- Use a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper as your background.
- Cut a 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 inch piece of colored cardstock. Cut a 9 x 9 piece of white cardstock and center and adhere it in the middle of the green cardstock.
- Add your photo to the left side of the layout as show above....be sure to leave the top open (without adhesive) for the tag.
- Using your Cricut and Nate's ABC's cartridge, cut out a K and "is for kite" along with the kite layer at 2 inches all in colors that match your cardstock. Layer the kite piece to the "is for kite" title piece Cut out the additional title at 1 inch (optional).
- Again, using your Cricut and Nate's ABC's cartridge, cut out the car on page 21 of the handbook along with all of the layers in colors that match your cardstock at 2 3/4 inches. Adhere the layers together.
- Add doodling to all of your die cut pieces with the Signo Uni-ball gelly roll pen.
- Cut out a tag with your Cricut. Many of the cartridges have tags on them. I used Sweethearts for my tag. You could also just cut a rectangle with a paper trimmer and then snip off the top two corners of the rectangle to make your own tag. Secure a piece of twine to the top of the tag and add some journaling before you tuck it behind the picture.
- You can add some additional elements to your layout, such as the three oval pieces I have cut and folded in half and put in the bottom left corner and secured them with brads.
- Center and adhere the completed 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 layout piece to the 12 x 12 patterned paper.