by Amy Crockett
I don't know about you, but I am ready for a season change. We had a touch of spring here a couple of weeks ago, but as I look out my window right now, all traces of that are gone because we have about 16 inches of fresh snow on the ground. Since I have the new April Showers, Limited Edition cartridge from ScrapbookPal, I thought I would do a card with a spring feel to it.
To re-create this card, you will need -
*April Showers, Limited Edition cartridge
*Once Upon A Princess cartridge
*Home Accents cartridge
*Signo Uni-ball white gel pen
*Cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon, scallop border and
corner rounder punches (mine are all Stampin' Up!)
Let's get started:
- Cut your card base to an A2 sized card (11 x 4 1/2 inches folded in half the long way). Round the bottom corners with a corner rounder punch.
- Cut your base patterned paper to 3 3/4 x 5 1/4 inches. You may add an additional strip of patterned paper and scalloped punched cardstock along the bottom as I have at this point. Round the bottom corners and adhere to the top folded edge of the card base. Doodle stitches and dots with the Signo Uni-ball white gel pen.
- Using your Cricut and the Once Upon A Princess cartridge, cut a tag and the layer (pg. 46) at 2 1/4 inches. Cut the birdhouse and layer from April Showers, Limited Edition cartridge at 1 3/4 inches and the "Tweet" at 3/4 inches). Cut the word "HOME" twice from the Home Accents cartridge at 1/2 inch. Doodle stitches and lines on the die cuts with the Signo Uni-ball white gel pen. Adhere the layers together.
- Assemble the tag and cut a slit, if desired, in the tag and feed the ribbon through the slit....if you want, you could just tie the ribbon to the base.
- Adhere the tag to the card base. Use the cut out heart from the birdhouse as an accent in the bottom right corner of the card.