Project by Amy CrockettI bought an 8 x 8 shadowbox frame from Michael's. It was black and I didn't want it to be black for this project, so I taped up the glass and spray painted it with some sliver spray paint. Here is how I completed the rest of this project:
- Cut the background piece to 8 x 8 from a light colored turquoise cardstock.
- Cut 9 different snowflakes from the Winter Lace cartridge at 1 3/4 inches with some white cardstock (I used a pearl finished cardstock for my cuts). Cut the background layer out of a darker turquoise cardstock and adhere the snowflakes to their background pieces.
- Draw a line with a black pen about one inch inside each edge of the background cardstock for a border (leaving the bottom open for a sentiment). I used a sticker sentiment from SRM for the bottom border. Attach this to the inside of the back piece of the frame.
- Add silver brads to each side of the sentiment and little ones to the center of each snowflake.
- Arrange the snowflakes inside the black maker border as shown above. Layer with dimensional adhesive. I stacked two pieces of dimensional adhesive under each snowflake.
- Assemble the frame.
Cardstock: Bazzill (background), Wausau (snowflakes)
Die cuts: Cricut Expression with Winter Lace Limited Edition cartridge
Sticker: SRM Stickers
Brads: Making Memories
I hope that you have a happy and crafty New Year!!