Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Yummy Bo-Peep Cake with Toy Story


Did you know that ScrapbookPal carries the Cricut Cake machine?  I have had mine for a little while and I love to cut out images from my collection of Cricut cartridges to use on cakes and cookies.  I decided to make this cake that could be used for a baby shower or any little girls special occasion.  I used my Gypsy to hide the little cuts inside the Bo-Peep image, on the Toy Story cartridge, to make it a silhouette and then cut it out with fondant with my Cricut Cake machine.  This cake measures 9 1/2 inches across and I cut Bo-Peep out at 7 inches.

If you are looking for a great tasting and easy to work with recipe for fondant, Click Here to see the one that I use. 

ScrapbookPal also carries one of my new favorite scrapping tools......Copic markers.  I love how easy they make it to blend colors when I am coloring in my stamped images.  Here is a card that I made with my makers (this is actually the first image I have ever colored with my Copic markers):
Supplies:
Cardstock, ribbon, border punch: Stampin' Up!
Stamp: Penny Black
Markers: Copic
Ink: Momento
Embossing: Cuttlebug
White pen: Unibal Signo

If you want to try out Copic markers, I suggest that you get about three in each color family and stick within the same range.  Just get a light, medium, and dark from each group.  The lower the number, the lighter the color and the higher the number, the darker the color in each group.  For example of the greens on this card, I used the G03 (light), G07 (medium), and G09 (dark) in the G0X group (where X is the variable).  This is what seems to work out the best for me and I like the way they blend when I work with them like this.  I learned a whole lot by going to youtube and checking out videos on the best ways to use the Copic markers.

1 comments:

Leah said...

I love the cake Amy! So cute. And your card is so sweet, your coloring looks fabulous!

Post a Comment