Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween Treat Bags

Hi everyone!

Here is another cool project using the Happy Haunting Cricut cartridge. I have to make 24 treat bags for the kids in my son's class for their Halloween party and I had to out do the ones I did last year so I really happy that scrapboolpak.com sent me this particular cartridge. This is a very simple project. I hope you have as much fun as I did making mine. Enjoy!


SUPPLIES:

Cricut Cartridge--Happy Hauntings
8 1/2" x 11" black cardstock
8 1/2" x 11" white cardstock
8 1/2" x 11" red cardstock
8 1/2" x 11" dark green cardstock
8 1/2" x 11" light green cardstock
Sponge dauber
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink--Charcoal
Scotch Adhesive Transfer tape--ATG 714 dispenser
Cricut Expression electronic die cutting machine
Provo Craft Gypsy
other: plastic spiders; web fiber; clear glue
(To go directly to a specific product used for this project simply click on any of the links above.)


CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS:

Frankenstein
Using Happy Haunting cartridge, cut 5" {Frnkstn} from white cardstock, {Frank-s} from black cardstock, and Layer 2 from green cardstock (p. 30 of handbook).

Dracula
Using Happy Haunting cartridge, cut 5" {Dracula} from red cardstock, {Dracul-s} from black cardstock, Layer 1 on white cardstock, and Layer 2 from light green cardstock (p. 28 of handbook).
STEPS:

1. Assemble the Frankenstein and Dracula then use a sponge dauber to apply the charcoal ink to the edges for added interest.


2. Make a background on your treat bag by using a sponge dauber and the charcoal ink. (I made swirls and circles).


3. Adhere the Dracula and Frankenstein unto the treat bag in a desired location. (Mine is off centered because I will be placing each child's name next to the cut outs).


4. Using a clear liquid adhesive adhere the web fiber to the upper left corner of the treat bag. Adhere a plastic with a hot glue gun.

- Let your memories fuel your creativity™

0 comments:

Post a Comment