I just love the new Happy Hauntings Cricut Cartridge! I thought I'd be brave and attempt the 3D Haunted House and expected a real test of my patience, but it was much easier to put together than I expected. The key is to NOT change the dial size once you determine what size you want to cut at!
Using the Cricut Happy Hauntings Cartridge, I cut my haunted house (Pages 73 and 74) at 10.5" on black 12 x 24 cardstock using the 12 x 24 Cricut Cutting Mat. There are several cuts for the house using the various icon buttons and shift button. Make sure you get all of the pieces. I used a pack by The Paper Studio, but the cardstock seemed a little thin so I suggest checking out the cricut branded 12x24 cardstock. I used DesignStudio to maximize the usage of my paper. With Design Studio I was able to rotate the cuts and used 6 sheets of black cardstock whereas it would have taken 8 without it.
Rather than use yellow cardstock for the windows, I used vellum and then put 2 flameless tealight candles in the house. You can't tell in the pictures but it is a cool effect. I also cut a couple of shadows of a head and a cat and put behind the vellum. At night you can see these shadows through the vellum.
To make the house appear old, I used Adirondack Metallics Acrylic Paint Dabber in Silver and lightly dragged it over the cardstock to give it silver streaks. Don't make the same mistake I did - apply the paint dabber before assembling the house. It would have been much easier!
For the Chimney, I used 3 colors of Ranger Distress Crackle Paint (Fired Brick, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo) and just applied those in spots all over the chimney. Then I took black paint and dry brushed it over the paint to make it look old.
Once assembled, I used Viva Decor Yellow-Green 3D Glitter Gel on the roof. I used my Martha Stewart Drippy Goo Punch and then coated them in the glitter gel before adhering to the roof (you can see this in the 2nd picture above). You can also use Stickles to achieve a similar look.
I cut some designer paper and applied it to the tower and one side of the roof for some additional color. I used Ranger Stickles in Orange Peel and Purple to decorate the porch and balcony railings. I cut a couple of ghosts from the Happy Hauntings cart and glued them on to appear as if they were coming through the windows. For the doors into the house, I painted them with Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink in Plum Twist. You can't see them very well in the pictures but this is really cool stuff. Very pearly and applies like nail polish.
I cut a couple of tombstones (2 of each) from the same cart and used the Adirondack Silver Paint Dabber again to color them and then used a black sharpie to add text. Then I adhered them together with Pop-Up Glue Dots to give them dimension.