by Crystal Butler
Wow can you believe it is the END of September already!? WOW! Where did the time go! I hope it is cooling off everywhere and you are looking forward to my favorite season FALL! Today I am sharing with you my last creation for this month for the AWESOME Scrapbookpal.com. I was so excited that I was able to use the Create a Critter Cartridge AND the matching Embossing folders. I also was able to also experiment with the super cool smooch accent inks. Let me tell you there is a learning curve with those if you are impatient like me LOL!
I made this mini purse notebook for Caitlyn. She loves purses and she loves to draw so this way she can take it with her in the car. She picked out all the papers and colors and I tried to match them as best I could so forgive her, she is only two after all LOL!
How I made it:
1. Using an old cereal box and MULTI CUT on four I cut the purse (accessory on page 36) twice at 8.75 inches.
2. Cut twice out of the patterned paper and twice in white card stock to cover the fronts and insides at the same 8.75 inches.
3. Cut the flower on page 47 (shift and layer 2) at 2 inches in white card stock
4. Color flower with smooch inks. I choose Sugarberry and Luscious Lime.
5. Lastly cut the scalloped oval on page 60 (phrase shift) at 2 inches in white card stock.
6. Color the white scallop oval with various distress inks. I choose Vintage Photo, and worn lipstick.
7. Adhere the pattern paper to the front of the purse with Scotch ATG 1/4 inch tape.
8. Sand along the edges/insides to get smooth with file or Basic Grey precision file set.
9. Using Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher attach the distressed colored scallop oval in the center underneath the lace attached to the top.
10. Attach smooch ink colored flowers to handle and bottom right corner.
11. Make monogram with smooch colored fabric "C" thicker.
12. Emboss the inside WHITE card stock pieces with the smiling flower embossing folder. Color in with various smooch inks and markers.
13. Adhere with atg tape.
14. I hand cut the inside pages and dotted them in the bottom right corner with smooch ink.
15. Doodle along the handle and you are done!