Wednesday, August 11, 2010

U Rock- Wall Decor Cartridge


I don't know about you, but I always lack in ideas for masculine cards. This month, I received the Wall Dècor and More cart from ScrapbookPal and when I saw this guitar image, I had to use it on a card for one of my nephews who loves to play the guitar. Did you know that this cart had a full font on it as well as phrases?? I am way excited to try out some of the phrases on my scrapbook pages.

To make this A2 card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches), I first cut the background layer at 4 x 5 1/4 inches and then embossed on Coordinations cardstock so that I could sand the image and have the embossing stand out better. I cut the guitar image at 2 1/2 inches and layered the pieces together. I cut the "u rock" from the font on this cart at 1 inch. I then put them on a 4 1/4 x 3 3/4 inch piece of cardstock that I had sprayed some ink on and added a few staples to it. I adhered it slightly askew with dimensional adhesive. I will have the sketch for this card on MY BLOG if you want to come on over and try it out. I would love for you to stop by.

We also have a blog hop coming up on August 20th, so mark your calendars for some awesome inspiration plus a wonderful giveaway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment