Thursday, August 19, 2010

Seed Envelope Mini Album - Freshly Picked Cricut Cartridge

Hi everyone!

Today's project is a vacation mini album. I always try to think outside the box when it comes to using my cricut cartridges. So using the Freshly Picked Cricut cartridge, my Gypsy and my Cricut Expression I made a pocket mini album.
Project by Rowena Valentine
(Creative Genealogy Scrapbooking)

Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Garther Studios (Airplane Voyage Paper Pad)
Decorative Elements: Cricut Cartridge (Freshly Picked); Gelly Roll Pen (White); Various Ribbon
Ink Pads: Color Box Fluid Chalk ink (Chestnust Roan, Charcoal)
Other: Scotch Adhesive Transfer tape (ATG 714 dispenser); Provo Craft (Cricut Expression electronic die cutting machine , Gypsy); Scor-Pal; Zutter (Bind-it-All); We R Memory Keepers (Cinch wires)

To go directly to a specific product used for this project simply click on any of the links above. 


My Creative Process:
Once I gathered all the items I needed for my project I got out my Gypsy to start designing.











First, I selected a seed envelope using the Freshly Picked Cricut cartridge. (It does not matter what image is on the envelope). I used the selection function to remove the tomato and lines by hiding them and then I cut out 7 envelopes using coordinating 12x12 sheets of cardstock.


I used my Scor-Pal to score all sides except the top of the envelopes.
I then folded and adhered the ends of the envelopes once again making sure to leave the top open.


I decorated the tops of the envelopes by using an edge punch.
I used three different punch designs for added interest. I then sponged the
edges of all the envelopes using my Fluid Chalk inks.

I punched holes using my Zutter Bind-it-All machine. I placed the envelopes in the order I wanted and bound them with one inch cinch wires.
I just love the look of faux stitching so I used my Gelly Roll White pen and did some faux stitching around the edges of the cover. I then tied various pieces of ribbon from my scrap drawer onto the cinch wires.

3 comments:

AndiPandi said...

that's really cute - I could see doing a Chrismtas album with it or anything I guess :)

Tonya said...

I just finished the blog hop! You are all so creative, and I think I just found my newest favorite Cricut inspiration! I really need to play with my Gypsy more, so I will be trying this album out soon. Thank you for the inspiration, ladies! Good luck to all who enter for the free Cricut cartridge!!!

pammie~k said...

this is a precious album - love it

Post a Comment