by Amy Crockett
Hi everyone!! Today, I get to share a layout with you that I made with the Wall Decor and More Cricut cartridge that ScrapbookPal send me to work with this month. I love lighthouses and whenever I am in an area where they are, I make my husband pull over and we have to take pictures. When I saw the lighthouse on the Wall Decor and More cart, I knew this was a cart for me. I have many lighthouse pictures to scrapbook and this cartridge will help me decorate my pages perfectly. I also think that lighthouses make wonderful masculine cards. I love the font on this cart...especially the swirly layering on the Monogram font cuts (like the ones on the first letters of my title).
Die cuts: Cricut Expression and Wall Decor and More cartridge
Ink: Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye inkpads
Cardstock and patterned paper: Stampin' Up!
Cut the following from the Wall Decor and More cartridge:
Lighthouse - 11 1/2 inches
Lighthouse border - 3 inches
Title - 1 1/2 inches
Sailboat - 2 inches
"Waves" - (7) 3/4 inches
Flowers - (2) 2 1/2 inches and (5) 1 3/4 inches (I placed a circle punched out piece of cardstock in a different color behind the flowers and cut the leaves off of the top layer to get the look I wanted)
Pulling it all together:
- Ink the edges of all the cuts with the Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye ink pads and assemble the layers together.
- Stitch along the top and sides of the layout with a sewing machine or doodle stitching with a pen.
- Place both lighthouse pieces along the bottom edge of the layout where you want them to be (do not adhere yet).
- Arrange the photos that you want to use along the middle of the layout about 2 3/4 inches from the bottom so that the lighthouses don't overlap important parts of the photos and adhere.
- Adhere a 3/4 inch strip of patterned paper under the line of photos and a 1/2 inch strip above the photos
- Adhere the lighthouses. Arrange and adhere the waves along the bottom of the layout and along the top of the photo line.
- Adhere the title to the top of the layout on the left side of the right page.
- Using dimensional adhesive, adhere the flowers as shown.