Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cute things come in little packages! - Freshly Picked

CLICK HERE for the blog hop



I bought a Martha Stewart punch a few years ago and I thought the little package it came in was way too cute to throw away.  I knew that with a few strategically placed bits of pretty, it would make an adorable little gift box, so I've been hanging on to it ever since.  For my second ScrapbookPal.com project this month, I really wanted to alter something and this was just the thing!

I admitted in my previous post that I got Freshly Picked just for the gnomes, but I decided to challenge myself to use a different cut this time... turns out there are tons of adorable garden-y images on this one once I got over my gnome-induced tunnel vision!  I especially love these little root-ball trees, so sweet and perfect for a gift.  I measured the punch packaging and cut a cardstock wrap in the same color to go around it.  I then decorated the wrap with coordinating scraps -- I put the tree on the front, and then I cut some of the layering flowers larger to decorate the sides.  I used my Sakura white Gellyroll pen to color in the middles of all the flowers so I didn't have to fiddle with the tiny white cut outs, which made things a lot simpler.  I also used my yummy Berrylicious chalk ink to add some definitely to the corners.  I popped some tulle inside the box, and now it's ready for any small gift or treat!  I love having things like this on hand so that I can make things special on short notice.

Happy crafting!  Keep your eye out -- on the 20th we're going to be having our first ever ScrapbookPal.com Blog Hop with a really awesome prize!

8 comments:

Amy K said...

Cute, cute, cute way to repurpose packaging!

Kelly Massman said...

Really cute!

Karle said...

so very nice. i have some boxes myself that i wasnt sure what to do w/ , but as u said TOO CUTE TO THROW AWAY. lol xoxo
cake35@comcast.net

Karle said...

ok i am all done w/ the blog hop. ty so very much. the ideas were fabulous and so very inspiring. ty for having all of scrappers have the opportunity to view all these ideas. xoxo
cake35@comcast.net

Maureen Reiss said...

Great idea and soooooo cute! TFS

Shari said...

I just love to see all the "out of the box" projects, something other than a scrapbook page or a card. Thanks for the idea and the chance to win a cartridge.

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

Fabulous idea! I wish I had saved the pkg'ing from my MS punches LOL

Diana said...

Really cute idea. I love to repurpose packaging.

Post a Comment