by Amy Crockett
These little monsters from the Mini Monsters cart are so fun to create. I caught some pictures of my kids pulling faces and thought that this cart would be perfect for a layout with these pics. I love making these cute little monsters in all different colors. I used five of the monsters for this layout.....Icky, Monster, Creepy, Mummy, and Argh.....great names for each of these fun little monsters. I cut a title from the "Monster" phrase (on a function key) that I welded with my Gypsy with "my lil" from the Ashlyns Alphabet cart. I distressed all edges on the layout with Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye ink pads.
To make this layout:
- Cut and assemble 4 of the Mini Monsters at 2 3/4 inches and one at 2 1/2 inches.
- Adhere a 11 x 11 inch piece of patterned paper on to the cardstock background.
- Adhere a 7 x 9 1/2 inch piece of cardstock to the right of the layout (a little toward the top and against the right side)
- Cut and adhere three 3 x 3 inch photos and adhere on the left side of the 7 x 9 1/2 inch cardstock.
- Add a 3 x 3 inch block of cardstock or patterned paper in the 4th spot.
- Add the 2 1/2 inch Mini Monster on the cardstock block with dimensional adhesive. Place the title to the right of the little monster.
- Add the 4 other Mini Monsters to the bottom of the layout with dimensional adhesive.
- I have don't like to try to (find and) glue those little tiny, dark eye pieces in place. I just grab a dark pen or marker and color in the center of the eye.
- In order to get good detailed cuts, I have found that having a fresh blade AND mat work the best for me.