Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Decorated Accordian Box- Cindy Loo Cartridge

Project by Rowena

Hi all!

This project is an acordian box. I made the box a month ago but it was bare. I could not figure out what to with it. So I decided to decorate for this challenge.



Items Used:

Handmade Accordion Box

Decorative Elements: Cricut Cartridge (Cindy Loo); Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue (Black Diamond); Prima Marketing Inc (Homespun Elegance Vintage flowers), (Glitter Spray Flutter Branch); Tim Holtz (Mini paper clips, Jump rings, Locket keys, Box feet); BasicGrey (Opaline); y Gypsies: Ball knob (Amber Crystal)

Ink Pad: Ranger's Distress Ink (Walnut Stain)

Other: Scotch Adhesive Transfer tape (ATG 714 dispenser); Tim Holtz (Kushgrip Non-Stick Micro Serrated Scissors 7"); Gelly Roll Pen (Clear); Glue O Dots Int. (Pop Up Glue Dots); Provo Craft (Cricut Expression electronic die cutting machine); Tim Holtz (Ditressing Tool); Tonic Studios Tim Holtz (Retractable Craft Pick / Paper Piercer); Tsukineko (Sponge Dabbers, 3 pk); Quickutz (QuickStik).

Miscelaneous: Ribbon, Lace, Tag, Love ticket, washer, pin, sticker

To go directly to a specific product used for this project simply click on any of the links above.

My creative Process:

First, I gathered all my elements so I could get my creative juices flowing. I wanted a more grunge and shabby chic appearance so I began sponging items with the walnut distress ink pad including the accordion box which was a bright color, ribbon, lace and other paper items.

To start of I used glossy accents to adhere the box feet to the bottom of the accordion box making sure to press them together for no less that 10 seconds to make sure it was completely adhered.

To start decorating the front of the accordion box I added a piece of ribbon on the front lid and overlapped it with a second piece and for added interest I added a piece of lace below the ribbon. (I used my Tim Holtz Scissors to cut through the tough ribbon and lace.)

Next, I adhered the tag on the top left corner with glue dots and added a Tim Holtz mini paper clip on the top of the tag, I added the Prima Homespun Elegance Vintage flower then the love movie ticket. I stuck a pin through the ticket for added interest. I used the Sakura gel pens to write over the number on the tag to add a little sparkle.

I used my Tim Holtz Scissors to cut through the Prima branch and adhere it to the right top corner of the box with more golly accents. I applied diamond black stickles to the butterly to make it stand out from the branch background.

Using three Tim Holtz jump rings I made a chain link to incorporate the Tim Holtz Locket key by hanging it from the Prima branch. I used glossy accents to adhere the matching Locket key hole on the front of the accordion box. To add a washer to the box I used two Tim Holtz jump rings and hung it from the Prima flower.

On the top of the accordion box I added a ball knob by 7 Gypsies. I placed a sticker around it then using my Quickstik I placed pearls in a circular pattern around the ball knob.

For the back of the accordion box I added two types of Ribbon across the center of the box. I then cut out an owl using the Cindy Loo Cartridge and my Cricut Expression. I used a sponge and inked the shapes with the walnut ink.

I placed pop up dots between the shadow and layer of the owl and adhered it to the back of the accordion box.

3 comments:

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Rowena you did a FAB job on this! I love it! I love all the details, the shabby grunge chic look and the colors are awesome! Great job DT Sis!

Annette said...

This is fabulous!! Love it, love it, love it! How did you make the accordian box?

Pamela said...

This is just stunning! I love it. TFS

Post a Comment